Autore Topic: fonte: dd-wrt ( some project updates )  (Letto 1181 volte)

BoNoVoX

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
fonte: dd-wrt ( some project updates )
« il: Dicembre 10, 2007, 02:09:59 pm »
 I just want to give some updates about the current project state. I know that there are alot of open unanswered questions in my Forum PM box, but be sure i will answer them all soon (hopefully tomorrow). I'm currently very busy in finalizing dd-wrt and i hope i can release the final dd-wrt till chrismas. but before we will definitly give out a last release candidate as RC6.

here are last hot feature informations for the upcomming RC6 and final version.
1. the micro version will support pptp and l2tp as well as heartbeat wan access and has a much more memory free. The Sputnik hotspot migt be includes as well, but maybe i will also decide to use wifidog.
2. there will be a second micro edition with is made for meshing with integrated olsrd system, but without pptp and l2tp
3. i hope to get 802.11x client authentication finished in the next days, if not, be sure it will come later.
Citazione
4. ack timing support will come back for all distributions. (still under testing, but i'm sure i get this managed)

Era ora

5. does some driver related device compatiblity problems with some old bcm4702 minipci based devices there will be a legacy v24 version which should only be used on such older devices. the standard v24 will not crash on it, but wireless does not work properly. but this applies just to some very very old devices. i will collect a list with some known problematic routers on release date.

I hope this answers some open questions, if not feel free to contact me. right now email might be the fastest way (look in our imprint to get the contact address)
Wireless anywhere, anyhow, anytime for anybody